Thursday 19 December 2013

Walking in the rain.

Well folks I am getting better.  With the help of 2 Italians and 2 South Koreans I have solved the problem of not being able to put photos on the blog using my tablet.  I haven't however solved the problem of them being out of order so today's photos are in a strange order!

Today began with a fine mist, not enough to put a rain coat on for an hour or so, but then I had to relent and put it on.  I spent most of the day walking with my trouser legs rolled up, working on the theory that it is easier to dry legs than clothes.  Because of the rain, especially what fell overnight, I took it very slowly because this is part of the Camino has a steep rocky climb followed by an even steeper descent.  The pebbles going up were extremely slippery, and going down the feet tended to roll back and forth on the pebbles and closer to the bottom clay and mud came into the equation too!

Today the path took us up what is called the Alto del Perdon.  The fog was so thick near the top that I had absolutely no idea where I was till the sculptured pilgrim figures hove into view!  I knew I was somewhere near the top because I could hear the soughing sound of the wind turbines, but quite where was an unknown!

I passed about 4 bars this morning before choosing the one I did to have brekky.  As I was leaving a woman spoke to me in English, first wishing me Buen Camino, and then making a comment to me.  She was too far away to recognise names on my equipment, and I hadn't uttered a sound, yet she just assumed I was an English speaker.  I had a lovely chat with her hearing about her Australian Dad had walked the Camino in 1952. What an adventure that would have been!  

We have increased the number of Italians in the itinerant party to 4 with another pilgrim joining this path from the Camino Aragonese, the Koreans are still here, but haven't seen Art the Paraguayan.

I'm off to bed now, it has been a long hard day!

 This photo is of a vineyard clinging to the slopes just outside the village of Obanos.

One view of the pilgrim statues / sculptures at the top of the Alto del Person - in the fog.

A pedestrian bridge on the way to Cizur Menor

How is this for a rocky field?

Another view of the statue mentioned previously.


Here is the rocky descent from the Alto del Perdon.

An interesting view after Cizur Menor.

4 comments:

  1. Hope the weather clears up a bit- dont get lost on the fog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the hello Janet. Great to hear your adventures. Hope you are somewhere safe and warm for Christmas . Cheers vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet. We're glad to have caught up with your blog. Looks amazing and enjoying reading about your experiences. Have a great Christmas. love Nicci, Stephen, Tessa, Gabby and Molly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favourite sculptures of all time! They must have looked wonderful in the fog. What a shame the walk up there was in the fog, such a great view from the top. Buen camino Janet xx

    ReplyDelete