Saturday 21 December 2013

A Good Day continued!

Would you believe I found the post I did originally.  Here are the bits I didn't say in the first post.

Today began with (refined) music and looks like it will end with (drunken) music!  The drunken music continues, and so of necessity this will be brief.

When I left my brekky bar this morning I left to the sounds of the Pilgrims Chorus from Tannhäuser on the telly.  I think it may have been a German band or orchestra - I couldn't decide what it was.  At first I thought it was a concert band, but then I saw cellos and double basses in it and so not sure what it could be classified as.

As I said before, I am now in a bar having had dinner, and listening to a raucous bunch of locals singing! They are joined by the senior members of the Australian group of 6 from Darwin.  All are having a great time!

As I said earlier, if the ground wasn't frozen today then I slipped and slithered in the mud!  The bonus was that I could take my muddy boots off guilt free when I had lunch in a most delightful bar  - smelly socks being the lesser of two evils.

I had a delicious tortilla far lunch, and I watched the barman setting up a Nativity scene in a corner of the bar.  As I left he was dusting it with snow!

A lovely day indeed.


1 comment:

  1. Janet, Have a Merry lovely white Christmas. Be safe and God Bless. Love the blog so far.

    ReplyDelete