Saturday 21 December 2013

A Good Day

I have just spent an hour doing a post and lost the lot!  I'm sitting in a bar that is getting more raucous by the minute, and so think I will go back to my accommodation where I have to decide which bed to sleep in.  This is the one place I was advised not to stay in, but didn't twig until it was too late.

The reason not to stay is that it is reputed to have little critters in it (read bed bugs!).  I think I will sleep in my clothes tonight and leave my sleeping bag safely tucked away.  I am the only person in the place so have left my pack in the bathroom - don't think there will be any there.

I left town this morning (Estella) with a temp of 1 degree.  It was even colder up on the mountain - thick white frost blanketed open country, and the ground was often frozen - better for walking than the thick sludge that I slipped and slid through the rest of the time.  Even at midday puddles were frozen solid!

I can't get WiFi where I am staying, and so no photos this post.

I am in Los Arcos tonight.  Not sure where I will stop tomorrow.  It is tempting to stop at Vianna, but will decide as I go.  I am feeling tired, and so may even catch a taxi from Vianna.  Those who have walked this path know that there is a very long concrete path into Logrono!

Well that is it for tonight.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment