Tuesday 24 December 2013

Merry Christmas and a very happy new year.

Dopey me!  One of my reasons for posting yesterday/last night was to take a moment to wish each of you a very happy and blessed Christmas and a safe, healthy and happy 2014.

To family and friends in both Australia and New Zealand I hope your day has gone well, and continues to do so.  Enjoy some fun, some rest and some "down time" and I shall look forward to catching up on my return.

While I have good WiFi at this hotel I have been able to listen to the ABC, so I have had a chance to listen to lots of familiar accents!  It was actually a very short night!  As you start thinking of heading to bed, I am about to hoist on the pack and hit the road.

I also keep forgetting to tell you about the lovely Nativity sets I have seen in the churches and shop windows.  Some of them, especially those in the churches, have been huge.  One in the cathedral in Logroño must have been about 6 foot by 10 foot wide, with sheep and shepherds up on the hillsides, the kings riding through a village, people going about their business outside their homes and in the villages, and of course the manger scene on a small hill, - all in miniature!

No comments:

Post a Comment